Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love's an excuse to get hurt and to hurt.

  • The Maine "I Wanna Love You" (Akon cover)
    Ahhhh, true love! Be sure to serenade anyone windin' and grindin' up on the pole with this modern love song for the ages.

  • The Bordellos "My Love" (Wings cover)

  • Society Burning "Lovefool" (Cardigans cover)
    This makes me want to tease my hair, put on combat boots and go to Neo tonight.

  • Del Davis "A World Without Love" (Peter & Gordon cover, comp. Paul McCartney)

  • SoKo "No Love" (The Teenagers cover)
    I've seen Showgirls far too many times myself. Perhaps not for the T&A, but for the awful, awful, awful "plot" and "acting." Aaaahh, Nomi. How I miss you.

  • Jose Gonzalez "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (Joy Division cover)

  • Bettie Serveert "Lover I Don't Have to Love" (Bright Eyes cover)
    I've posted this before, but it's my favorite "love song that's not quite a love song" cover.

  • Noise Ratchet "Crush" (Mandy Moore cover)

  • Tinyfolk "Love You" (Syd Barrett cover)
    You know I loves the bands from Bloomington, Indiana. They are my Valentines.

  • The Pigeon Detectives "The Power of Love" (Huey Lewis & the News cover)

  • The Waltons "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" (Neil Young cover)

  • Yo La Tengo "I Wanna Be Your Lover" (Bob Dylan cover)

  • Minotaur Shock "The Best of My Love" (Eagles cover)
    There are many things that amuse me about my father's immense record collection (which, for the most part, now belongs to me), not the least of which is the fact that it includes no fewer than two copies of every Eagles LP. I know the '70s were heady days, especially in a college town full of hippies who might put motorcycle helmets on your kid:



    Still, it cracks me up that my dad and his friends wore out multiple Eagles albums. Hilarious.
     
  • 3 comments:

    tinyfolk said...

    And you are our valentines! Check the tinyfolk myspace for a magnetic fields cover, and next month there will be a 90s tribute comp put together by the wonderful folks over at cllct.com that will include a tinyfolk cover of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". Just you wait.

    Lobstar said...

    Cool! Is the MF cover for James Eric's upcoming tribute?

    tinyfolk said...

    yes it is!