Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I go through all this before you wake up.

Here's a very quick pre-lunchtime update. I've been on a live cover kick lately and these are all live covers that have intrigued (aka hit my shuffle play) me of late.

  • The Dresden Dolls "No One Knows" (Queens of the Stone Age cover)
    A few sour notes here and there, but I love the Dolls so much it doesn't matter. Now they just need to come to Chicago on a night I don't already have plans. I swear, I have the worst timing when they come around.

  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Hyperballad" (Bjork cover)

  • The Jesus and Mary Chain "My Girl" (Temptations cover)

    Also, as evidenced in my last post, interesting things can be found over at Google Video. Sure, searching the word "cover" brings up a lot of kids lip-synching to the Backstreet Boys and whatnot, but every so often you'll stumble on something interesting and/or worthwhile. Such as:

    Final Fantasy covering Bloc Party's "This Modern Love"
  • No comments: