Thursday, February 08, 2007

Everybody play the game.

The inspiration for today's post comes from one of those lame "use your shuffle play to create a soundtrack for your life" memes. So, I took the first 18 covers to hit my shuffle play and plugged them in as appropriately as I could. Or something. I quite frequently use my shuffle play to decide my posts, so it's not really that exciting. Enjoy!

Opening Credits:
"These Boots Were Made for Walking" - Little Jimmy Dempsey (Nancy Sinatra cover)

Waking Up:
"Good Day Sunshine" - Hideki (Beatles cover)

First Day At School:
"Schön in Rosa und Rot (Pretty in Pink)" - Le Kanin (Psychedelic Furs)

Falling In Love:
If You Rescue Me (Chanson des Chats) - Gael Garcia Bernal, Sacha Bourdo, Alain Chabat, Aurelia Petit (Velvet Underground cover: "After Hours," sort of)

Fight Song:
"Sabotage" - The BossHoss (Beastie Boys cover)

Breaking Up:
"Caring is Creepy" - Bluegrass Tribute to the Shins (Shins cover)

Prom:
"Wouldn't It Be Nice" - Lash (Beach Boys cover, with a snippet of that song from Freaky Friday thrown in for some reason)

Life:
"Town Called Malice" - Okano Kaori (The Jam cover)

Mental Breakdown:
"Dancing with Tears in My Eyes" - The Poodles (Ultravox cover)

Driving:
"...And Justice for All" - Rockabye Baby (Metallica cover)

Flashback:
"Ashes to Ashes" - Danny Michel (David Bowie cover)

Getting Back Together:
"Ask" - Blue Flame Combo (Smiths cover)

Wedding:
"Play the Game" - Jon Brion (Queen cover)

Birth of Child:
"Thank Heaven for Little Girls" - Ed McMahon (comp. Lerner and Loewe)

Final Battle:
"1, 2 Step" - Kidz Bop Kids (Ciara cover)

Death Scene:
"A+B=Y" - John P. Strohm (Polara cover)

Funeral Song:
"Century of Fakers" - Prague (Belle and Sebastian cover)

End Credits:
"I Know There's an Answer" - Sonic Youth (Beach Boys cover)

1 comment:

Pilou said...

Hello sir Lobstar !

I have just discovered your blog, I find it fantastic.
As you I am keen on covers. So I have spent a part of my afternoon surfing on your site to see what kind of wonders you recommanded...

... And I must admit that I am very sad about this "shuffle" post !

Do you you think it would be possible (let's say for X-mas) to post-it again for the copy-right-?-latly-adopters like me ? ;)

Thanks for all.
Your Rss is in my feader !

Phil from Paris (France)

Sorry if my english is full of mistakes...