Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yeah, I'm alive.

  • Sarah Gregg Millman (of the Girl Guides) "Oooh This Love is So" (Al B. Sure cover)
    Words cannot express how excited I was to see this covered. Sigh. Al B.

  • The Chipmunks "Good Girls Don't" (The Knack cover)
    I still can't believe that such a dirty song was reworked (and barely, at that) for a kids album.

  • The Gwen Stacys "Alive" (Oasis cover)

  • Tiffany "Panic (Hang the DJ)" (The Smiths cover)
    Yes, THAT Tiffany. And, yes, THOSE Smiths.

  • Julie C "Breathe" (Pink Floyd cover)

  • The Vibrators "Liza" (NOFX cover)
    If I meet someone and he or she hears my name and makes an immediate NOFX reference, I never know whether to smile politely or run the other way. In retrospect of the times it's happened and the people who've done it, I'm wishing I'd have chosen the latter more frequently.

  • Watch the Men Fall "Venus in Furs" (The Velvet Underground cover)

  • The Dollyrots "Be My Baby" (The Ronettes cover)

  • Los Chicros "Changes" (David Bowie cover)

  • The Bam Bams "Kids in America"(Kim Wilde cover)

  • Olive "My Sharona" (The Knack cover)

  • Numbers "Cry" (The Birthday Party cover)
     
  • 4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    The only reason that Chipmunks cover even kinda makes sense to me is that it's not the first time they've covered a song by The Knack. Their version of "My Sharona" was on "Chipmunk Punk". (I'm not familiar with "Good Girls Don't"; I haven't downloaded it from here just yet...)

    Lobstar said...

    "Good Girls Don't" was also on Chipmunk Punk. But the presence of "My Sharona" as well doesn't make this song appropriate for children!

    Anonymous said...

    I had that Gwen Stacy's cover on an Oasis tribute CD... Do you know any more about it?

    Lobstar said...

    Sevenleaf- I really don't know much about it, although this page seems to have the most information on the CD, label and tracks. Hope that sort of helps.