Friday, June 19, 2009

It lives?

Cough, cough. Is this thing on?

Just more than a year ago I stopped blogging here in the hope that my life would move me in a direction to decide whether I was going to start up again or not. I stopped the blog because it seemed a little frivolous in light of the real-life crap that was going on in my life. And a lot was going on then and even more went on. I was sick, I was underemployed, I eventually relocated from Chicago to Bloomington, IN, in the hope of assisting my ill father who died a few weeks later, in April my best friend committed suicide. My health is better, but I'm still underemployed and have lost two of my favorite people in the world. But I'm doing fine. Better than fine, most days.

So, yeah, life just continues to throw shit at me and I'm taking it pretty well, I think, and now it seems kind of silly not to have a fun, cover-filled diversion. I'm currently deciding if the potentially revived Copy, Right? will be just as it was or if I'll reinvent it somehow. Admittedly, I have been too preoccupied with all of the aforementioned stuff to even pay attention to cover songs or my fellow cover bloggers in the past year or more so I might not be cutting-edge. I can live with that. I still have tens of thousands of covers piled up I've never shared, and I'm sure there are a slew of awful and/or awesome gems in there.

Aaaaaanyhow, I'm thinking a return is imminent, probably by the beginning of July. Keep your eyes peeled.

ETA: Apologies in advance if every old C,R? post shows up in your blogroll/feed reader in the next few days. I'm unhiding them. And, no, I unfortunately cannot reupload the hundreds of songs I'd posted back in the day. Sorry.

29 comments:

Weston Deboer said...

feedemon was about to delete your feed!

Thank god it didn't.

Victor said...

I'm sorry about the year you had. If I not only had a job myself by the ability to hire people, I'd hire you in some capacity!

I'm really glad you're taking this up again, though, and that you've unhidden your old posts. I actually saved them all before you hid them, in a panic. But that's me.

Rob said...

I'm sorry you've had a hard time.

Have to say, my heart skipped a little beat when your blog's name showed up in google reader. Glad to have you back :)

gwen said...

WOO!
i was just thinking about you and your awesome blog the other day. any time i hear a cover, pretty much.

Amie said...

wow, that's a sucktastic year, to say the least. glad to see you back!

Mindy said...

glad you feel like coming back.

While my year hasn't been nearly as difficult as yours, I know that the on-line communities created by blogs and forums such as yours have been very good at lifting my spirits.

Hope things turn around for you soon!

Unknown said...

Yay. Can't wait for your return.

0g said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you for giving this blog another shot. It definitely cheered me up even when I was happy, which is no slim feat.

Fongolia said...

Welcome back into the fold! You were missed.

boyhowdy said...

Ah, the ancestral return, like hearing ghosts on the radio. Or in this case, the feedreader.

Wonderful to hear from you, and welcome back...

BobC said...

So glad you're back, and OK. I just checked your blog on a whim tonight for the first time in weeks, and it's great to see your news. Good luck with everything, and post as little or as much as you feel like. You have a great voice (written, that is) and terrific taste. Thanks for sharing those with us. Have fun!

fdl said...

yeah, strange to see your “name” pop up again in the feed reader... a bit like a window in the neighbourhood that one morning is suddenly open after it's been closed for a year. A big hug from south europe.

Matthew said...

Welcome back - and welcome back to Bloomington :)

I'm sorry about your dad and your friend. :(

E said...

Look at all this love. Welcome back, sister!

peebrain said...

i'm so glad you're making a comeback. i've missed your postings, and wry commentary that comes along wiht it. Sorry to hear about your father and friend, i hope in real life things are easing up for ya.

Duniya Dur Darshan said...

I missed you, Liza. :) Music wasn't the same without you.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Am very sorry to hear about the grim time you have had in the last year, but delighted that you may be about to return. I was introduced to some fab covers and artistes via your site and can't thank you enough for that. Am sure we'll all be happy to welcome you back to the fray as and when you may be ready.

muruch said...

Wow, I would love to see you return! However, I should warn you that Blogger started deleting posts due to copyright infringement claims (some valid, some not - in my case it was a false claim on a 100% legal mp3) back in October and most of us oldtimers have moved on to friendlier hosts. So unless you intend to get authorization for every mp3 you post, you may want to consider moving elsewhere.

Maurilio Giordana said...

welcome back!

Anonymous said...

huzzah!

welcome back

billyclex said...

Always loved your blog. Hope you are back posting soon.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear of your loss.


but great news regarding a blog return.

Dorian Denes said...

What a strange mix of good and bad news...
Looking forward to some more of the good kind! Hang on there, girl. :)

Unknown said...

go ahead and good luck

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, I missed this place :)

derpferdheissthorst said...

About blinking time. :)
Sorry for your loss!

Dane said...

I am so sorry about the year you've had. I am delighted though, that you're doing okay, and that you're thinking of coming back!

Anonymous said...

What they all said. Glad you're in a place where you can consider starting this up again. Glad I didn't delete the bookmarkYou've been missed.

Russ said...

Hey Liza,
Great to have you back...brightened my evening when I saw you had rekindled your blog...it used to be the source of many of the tracks on my compilations....
My condolences on your losses.
Keep Strong.