Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who's loving you? CLLCT is.

Still toying with if/how to restart the blog, but I needed to check in with a link to yet another fun Collective Family (CLLCT) tribute project: Our Bad: A Michael Jackson Tribute Compilation, which you can download at that page. It features the work of few of my favorite songwriting/songsharing-obsessed Internet (and somewhat beyond) friends, James Eric, Tinyfolk, iron like nylon and more. If you hear anything you like, you might want to spend a little time (mintues, hours, days, weeks, months?) checking out the work of those featuring their music on CLLCT. I know I have and consider it a great resource for good free music by people who love to write and share music. Long live bedroom rock. Or folk. Or whatever. All of it.

Also: James Eric and Erin Vogel cover Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

11 comments:

GS said...

Oh! Good to see you again, Liza! I hope you restart the blog sooner or later.

Greetings from Spain.

AdverseE said...

I'm glad to see you are (maybe?) coming back. Although there are other cover song sites out there, you should know that there was never another site as good as yours. I guess it all comes down to the question 'Does the blog make me feel better or worse about my life? Is it rewarding or is it just work? I personally hope you decide on the former.

JeffE said...

Just checked your blog on a whim after the long silence, and you're alive! Awesome!! Sorry to read about the terrible year; I hope life continues to get better. I'm looking forward to whatever you decide to post!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe i ever forgot to visit you on a daily basis. thankyou thankyou thankyou for these songs

Cover Nation said...

Here is my jerk cover of GS's comment

Oy! Gewd 2 c u again Liza! I hope u restart the blog sooner or sooner.

Greetings from PAIN.

Unknown said...

I was loading songs onto a new ipod and after seeing how many songs I had that I'd got from you, I checked back here, hoping against hope that you might have restarted it. Please start blogging again, I miss your blog so much!!

Greetings from the UK.

Loki said...

I miss this blog... used to derive a lot of simple pleasure from the tracks you found; they'd make me giggle (sometimes wretch) and it was one of the first mp3 blogs i looked at. i hope you fancy giving it another go...

Take care

Anonymous said...

Stick with it! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

its nearly "The Holidays"

perfect time to start bloggin again

PLEASE?!

Anonymous said...

baby com back! (i´m covering on that post!!)

we miss u pretty much!!

Ladyhype
from Buenos Aires

Anonymous said...

I love you! I missed you! (Welcome to Indiana?)