Wednesday, March 22, 2006

If I falter, let me know.

  • Flare "When It's Cold I'd Like to Die" (Moby cover)
    I was once infatuated with Moby's Everything is Wrong. I listened to it nonstop for about six months back in the day. The other night, the original version of this track played as the credits rolled on The Sopranos, and it inspired me to hunt for a few Moby covers. The key seems a little off to me in this version, but I'm happy someone is covering it, so I don't really care. It's rare to find a non-techno/trance Moby cover to say the least.

  • Steve Velez and Da Capo Players "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters" (Moby cover)
    Keeping in the non-techno/trance Everything is Wrong covers theme, here's one of millions of now-ubiquitous string quartet covers. It's pretty enough, although trying to out-pretty the original is futile at best.
  • No comments: