Friday, August 25, 2006

I'll shoot, you run.

Jesus H! It's taken about 40 hours for me to make this post now that Blogger Beta is making things CRAZY!!!


  • Orchestre National de Jazz "Black Dog" (Led Zeppelin cover)
    From their all-Zeppelin tribute Close to Heaven.

  • The String Quartet Tribute "A Favor House Atlantic" (Coheed and Cambria cover)
    Before you die, there will be a String Quartet Tribute to you.

  • Siouxsie and the Banshees "You're Lost Little Girl" (The Doors cover)
    Kicking it old-school with a classic cover, baby.

  • The Starting Line "Big Time Sensuality" (Bjork cover)
  • Cartel "Wonderwall" (Oasis cover)
    These are from Punk Goes '90s. Man, if there's an era of music I despise, it's that of the early/mid '90s. But Bjork and Oasis, I liked. And yet I'm posting these covers anyhow. If these bands are "punk," I'll eat my copy of The Ramones. Although a group of preppy-looking emo boys calling themselves Cartel does crack me up.


  • Sara Noxx "Rent" (Pet Shop Boys cover)
  • Junobot "What Have I Done to Deserve This" (Pet Shop Boys cover)
    These two are from the Pet Shop Boys tribute Always On Our Minds that came out a few months ago. It's hit or miss, as most tributes are, but the Sara Noxx track in particular is strangely compelling to me for some reason.

  • Mephisto Waltz "Iceblink Luck" (Cocteau Twins cover)
    From Dark Treasures: A Gothic Tribute to the Cocteau Twins. Heh. Cleopatra.

  • Biffy Clyro "Buddy Holly" (Weezer cover)
    From the all-cover CD that came with Kerrang!'s 25th Anniversary issue in June.

  • Jarvis Cocker and Kid Loco "I Just Came to Tell You That I'm Going (Je suis venu que te dire que je m'en vais)" (Serge Gainsbourg cover)
    From this year's Monsieur Gainsbourg. Um, Jarvis? I love your scraggly hair (see video below) and I want to make out with you!

  • No comments: