Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tuesday, I am fading.

I only have 20 minutes left in my lunch hour, so I have to make this quick. First, lemme say that I am totally for democracy, I just couldn't find time in my schedule to participate in the Music Bloggers for Democracy thing. Hell, I can barely manage to post once a week right now. Who knew I could go from unemployed sloth to promotion material in a few short months?

  • Almost Better "Pieces of Me" (Ashley Simpson cover)
    Now that we've all recovered from Ashleegate, I thought I would prove to you that, even when she's lip-synching, I'd still rather hear a saptastic song like this sung by a female pseudopunk nepotist than sung by your standard male emo whiner. Almost better, indeed.

  • Jason Falkner "Photograph" (Def Leppard cover)
    I love Falkner's covers. This one, from the Metal Rules comp, makes me very happy.

  • Graham Coxon "That's When I Reach for My Revolver" (Mission of Burma cover)
    I can take or leave Coxon's solo stuff, but he sure is dreamy.

  • Toy Dolls "Livin' La Vida Loca" (Ricky Martin cover)
    I didn't even realize the Toy Dolls were still around to release albums in the new millennium. Wonders never cease. I think more punk songs need kazoos. You?

  • Backmask "Genie in a Bottle" (Christina Aguilera cover)
    Oh, death metal. How I love your pop leanings. This is death metal, right? You'd think two episodes into Battle for Ozzfest I'd be an expert on the different metal genres, but no. All I know is that that lawyer with the freaky contact lenses gets on my last nerve and I hope he gets axed soon.
  • No comments: