Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Fall on your knees.

  • Sonic Youth "Santa Doesn't Cop Out on Dope" (Martin Mull cover)
    This cover always perplexed me. It's pretty annoying.

  • Melt Banana "White Christmas" (Well, this is called "White Christmas," but it's really a somewhat fucked-up version of "Here Comes Santa Claus.") (Autry)
    You know I love Japanese covers. The stranger the better.

  • Sufjan Stevens "O Holy Night" (Adams/Dwight)
    I love this so much I can't even believe it.

  • Pond "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" (Bach? Handel? Traditional?)
    Not bad for a band I totally forgot ever existed. (And I only knew because a Sub Pop distributor pushed a promo on me, which I promptly forgot to listen to.)

  • Richard Davies "Do they Know It's Christmas (Feed the World)" (Band Aid cover)
    Okay, who slipped the ativin into this guy's eggnog?
  • No comments: