Thursday, December 23, 2004

Loop the loop.

You'd think that, when I hatched my bombard-them-with-Christmas-covers plan, I might've saved the best for last. But no. I'm just as random as ever. That's what you love about me, right?

Anyhoo, this may (or may not) be my last post before Christmas, so thanks to all of you for reading and an extra thanks to those who've commented or e-mailed thanking me for what I do here. It makes me feel great to know I'm not alone in my sickness.

  • Powder "Christmas Don't Be Late" (Chipmunks cover)
    When I first heard this track, I pictured a twee little gal singing it backed by your standard trucker-capped backup band. Instead, it's these characters. Go figure. I guess it's about time LA got a Dale Bozzio for the new millennium.

  • Low "Blue Christmas" (Elvis Presley cover)
    Another one for your next Slit Your Wrists at Christmas mix.

  • Hanson "What Christmas Means to Me" (Stevie Wonder cover)
    Many of the holiday songs I've posted here used to be clear-the-music-department-of-customers favorites of mine. This, on the other hand, was a standard "how can I get my snotty, slacker, hipper-than-thou co-workers to get the hell away from me for three fucking minutes?" track. Ah, the indie glares I'd get! I just learned that Mercury just re-released Hanson's 1997 Snowed In, from whence I got this, as The Best of Hanson: The Christmas Collection as part of their 20th Century Masters series. Um. Yeah. We all knew Armageddon was nigh.

  • The Maddox Brothers and Rose "Jingle Bells" (Traditional)
    This is my least favorite Christmas song, but I love this old-school hillbilly country version.
  • No comments: