Monday, December 13, 2004

Gets colder day by day.

  • Coldplay "2000 Miles" (Pretenders cover)
    The original used to be a big favorite of mine in high [or was that middle?] school. I wish I liked Coldplay more.

  • Ivy "Christmastime is Here" (Vince Guaraldi & the Peanuts gang)
    A friend of mine in high school could dance exactly like Peanuts characters. It was awesome. (From Nettwerk's Maybe this Christmas Tree comp.)

  • Cranes "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" (John Lennon & Yoko Ono cover)
    Like nails on a chalkboard to me. I remember that when I heard the Cranes were opening for the Cure in 1992, I strategically planned to miss them. I was successful. I don't mind dream pop from time to time, but I can't stand this baby-voiced schtick. Hell, I'd rather listen to Jordy's "Dur Dur D'être Un Bébé" than this. (From Rock for Choice's O Come All Ye Faithful comp.)

  • C3-P0 & R2-D2 "Sleigh Ride" (Anderson)
    This is not as much a cover as it is an insane reworking. And could C3-P0 be more condescending? (From Christmas in the Stars.)

  • Taime Downe (ex-Faster Pussycat) "Silent Night" (Traditional)
    Yep, you read right. (From the We Wish You a Hairy Christmas comp.)
  • No comments: