Thursday, March 03, 2005

I got something to put in you.

  • Peaches "Gay Bar" (Electric Six cover)
    It's probably passé, but I loves me some Peaches.

  • Sebadoh "Cold as Ice" (Foreigner cover)
    I'm very attracted to men who look like Lou Barlow, but not so much to Barlow himself. What's up with that?

  • Astrud Gilberto "Beginnings" (Chicago cover)
    I'm currently experiencing a Chicago renaissance. I'm not sure why.

  • Cagney and Lacee (aka Dean Wareham and Claudia Silver) "Lovin' You" (Minnie Riperton cover)
    Dean Wareham loves the covers, eh? Before he paired up with Jem (Britta Phillips) for 2003's L'Avventura, he worked with his then-wife to release an EP of somber little covers, Six Feet of Chain, under the Cagney and Lacee moniker. This track always made me happy.

  • Randy "Kiss Me Deadly" (Lita Ford cover)
    This Swedish "punk" version is only worthwhile (in a humorous way) in the first few lines, in which you'll hear some iffy verb tenses and the word job pronounced as yob, which amuses me far more than it should.

  • Shaun Cassidy "Rebel Rebel" (David Bowie cover)
    Oh, Shaun ... how I loved him back in the day. I had Shaun Cassidy pillow cases and a poster of him in that shiny white satin jacket with eyes that followed me wherever in my room I stood. To this day, I still dream of covering "That's Rock N Roll." But his Rundgren/Utopia-produced mostly-cover album that came out far past his heyday (in an attempt to reinvent him for the 1980s, I believe) is scary bad.
  • No comments: