Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oh, how I rock in Keds and tube socks.

  • Superchunk "Beat My Guest" (Adam and the Ants cover)
    Mac McCaughan wouldn't even have to pay me to dominate him. I think he's sexy and I love Adam Ant. I have no idea why I'd have waited this long to post this.

  • All Saints "Under the Bridge" (Red Hot Chili Peppers cover)
    I don't even like Red Hot Chili Peppers and still I'm horrified by this massacre.

  • The Scala Choir "She Hates Me" (Puddle of Mudd cover)
    Everyone has posted Scala's "I Touch Myself." I think I might've back when I first started this blog. (Which was more than a year ago, I can't believe it!) Anyhow, I like this cover better. I dislike Puddle of Mudd immensely, but I like hearing choirs sing the word fuck and variations thereof.

  • Clutch "Money" (Pink Floyd cover)
    Clutch is my friend Eric's favorite band. This isn't exactly my kind of music, but having seen his Clutch sweatshirt many times, I can say that I like their logo. And, actually, I think this cover is kinda sexy. Yes. I said sexy. I like burly, tough-sounding guys.

  • Mr. Big "Wild World" (Cat Stevens cover)
    Never in a million years would I have imagined I'd post Mr. Big covering something and that it wouldn't be the worst song of the lot. Say what you will, but those boys can harmonize. All Saints, you'd do well to follow their lead.

  • Pastel Vespa "Teenage Dirtbag" (Wheatus cover)
  • Wheatus "A Little Respect" (Erasure cover)
    I was only vaguely aware of Wheatus' "Teenage Dirtbag" during its heyday and likely wrote it off as innocuous whiny pop drivel. Pastel Vespa's version is so hot it almost makes me like the original. And then I hear Wheatus' rendition of "A Little Respect" and I'm back at one.

  • Les Schtroumpfs (which are French—and/or French-Canadian—Smurfs) "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (um, sort of)" (Solomon Burke, uh, cover)
    God help us. "Schtroumpfez le blues, blues, blues/Avec nous, nous, nous"? Uh. D'accord.
  • No comments: