Saturday, March 04, 2006

Exit light. Enter night.

Here's another "I can't believe I waited a week for this" random smattering of songs that hit my shuffle play recently. Enjoy. Or whatever it is you do with the songs I post.

  • Anal Cunt "Three's Company Theme" (TV theme cover)
    Don't worry. It's only 35 seconds long.

  • The Brakes "Jackson" (comp. Gaby Rodgers/Billy Edd Wheeler)
    I know it's probably some sort of country blasphemy, but I've always preferred the Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood version to the Johnny Cash/June Carter version. I love Nancy and Lee.

  • Neuroticfish "There Is a Light" (Smiths cover)
    I'm always for making Smiths songs gayer. Always.

  • Die Krupps "Enter Sandman" (Metallica cover)

  • Trespassers William "Left of Center" (Suzanne Vega cover, from Pretty in Pink soundtrack)
    From Isn't She Still... The Pretty in Pink soundtrack Revisited, which is on sale right now over at CD Baby.

    The following four are from a covers comp put outby Homesleep Records a while back:
  • Fuck "Oops... I Did it Again" (Britney Spears cover)
  • Lenola "Box of Rain" (Grateful Dead cover)
  • Mirabilia "Walking with Jesus" (Spacemen 3 cover)
  • Yuppie Flu "Plainsong" (Cure cover)
  • No comments: