Tuesday, May 23, 2006

As random as I wanna be.

I figured I'd better post something this week, seeing as my mystery illness debilitated me last week and this week I'm headed to Memphis. I haven't stopped loving you. Promise.

  • The Kooks "Crazy" (Gnarls Barkley cover)
    I have to sheepishly admit I don't really get the whole Gnarls Barkley craze. I think their cover of "Gone Daddy Gone" is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But here's a cover I'm sure you've seen elsewhere because I'm not very cutting-edge.

  • The Danes "Off Your Face" (My Bloody Valentine cover)
    My favorite MBV track covered by a Dallas-area band I thought was defunct, but apparently isn't.

  • Glambeats Corp. "She's So Cold" (Rolling Stones cover)
    From Volume 2 of the Bossa N' Stones series.

  • Optiganally Yours "Wichita Lineman" (Jimmy Webb cover)
    All hail the Optigan.

  • Helena Noguerra "Can't Get You Out of My Head" (Kylie Minogue cover)
    Breathy French bossa, baby.

  • Raf "Self Control" (Laura Brannigan cover)
    Um, you know how I am. Edit: Apparently, this is the original artist. Whatever. I'll leave it up.

  • The All Seeing I "The Beat Goes On" (Sonny & Cher cover)
    This hits my shuffle play more than any other cover. I'm not certain why.
  • No comments: