Thursday, July 13, 2006

The livin' is easy.

Apropos of nothing, I just wanted to say that I really screwed up by not trying out for the World Series of Pop Culture when tryouts were in town. Especially since, as of last week, I'm unemployed and could use the prize money. Whatever, right? Just gives me more time for random cover smatterings, yes?

  • Montefiori Cocktail "Sunny" (comp. Bobby Hebb)

  • Friends of Dean Martinez "Summertime" (comp. George Gershwin, from Porgy and Bess)

  • Claudine Longet "End of the World" (comp. Sylvia Dee/Arthur Kent, most popularly performed by the Carpenters)

  • Nina Persson (of The Cardigans) "The Bluest Eyes in Texas" (Restless Heart cover)

  • Richard Cheese "The Rockafellar Skank" (Fatboy Slim cover)

  • Area 7 "I Want to Break Free" (Queen cover)
  • No comments: