Friday, July 22, 2005

Push the button. Don't push the button.

I try not to post from work on a regular basis, but my contract is up here soon and I'm bored, so why the hell not? I've been a little too preoccupied lately with Flickr, so I wasn't able to come up with any theme for today's selection or find an entire album from which to cull gems, so back to the random smattering it is! Enjoy. (And, fellow Chicagoans, if your organization is looking for a hard-working smartass with great administrative and customer service skills and a wealth of useless information trapped inside her head, please let me know.)

  • Blondie "Out in the Streets (1975 demo version)" (Shangri-Las cover)
    I love the Shangri-Las and I love old-school Blondie. This song gets caught in my head quite frequently.

  • The Ukrainians "Batyar (Bigmouth Strikes Again)" (Smiths cover)
    From their Smiths cover EP Pisni Iz The Smiths, which features a handful of Ukrainian folk versions of classic Smiths songs.

  • Two Nice Girls "Cotton Crown" (Sonic Youth cover)
    Lesbian folk singers covering Sonic Youth? Why not? From their album Like a Version, which also includes the Speed Racer theme song, among other odd covers and medleys.

  • Muse "Feeling Good" (Nina Simone cover)
    Personally, I've tried and I just can't get into Muse, but I've been told I'm wrong by more than a few people.

  • Har Mar Superstar "Alone Again, Naturally" (Gilbert O'Sullivan cover)
    Sean Na Na? Calvin Krime? Har Mar Superstar? Whoever. Personality disorders turn me on.

  • Cansei de Ser Sexy "Hollywood" (Madonna cover)
    Someone reminded me of this in a comment a few entries back. I like it.
  • No comments: