Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thursday night your stocking needed mending.

I'm currently loving the Thai psych/garage madness (both the covers and the originals) of Thai Beat A Go-Go Volumes 1 and 2. Fans of the 5.6.7.8's are likely to enjoy. Here's a little sampler:

  • Payom Moogda "Tamai Dern Sae (What'd I Say)" (Ray Charles cover)
    Apparently this track's Thai title translates into "Why do you walk like a drunkard?" Awesome.

  • Sakarin Boonpit "Kotmorn Yoop Yap (All Shook Up)" (Elvis Presley cover)

  • Sodai Chaengkij "Shake Baby Shake" (which is actually "Cool, Cool Ways") (Jerry Lee Lewis cover)

  • Sodai Chaengkij "Lady Madonna" (Beatles cover)
    I think Sodai is my favorite, so I gave you two of her tracks.

  • Suda Chuenbarn "Funky Broadway" (Christian)

  • Traces "Je T'aime, Moi Non Plus" (Serge Gainsbourg cover)
  • No comments: