Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge.

I don't have time to be witty or make many comments. Here's what you're getting: some rock, some punk, some swing/rockabilly, some bluegrass, a Scandinavian experimental take on country, etc. Not necessarily in that order.

  • Asylum Street Spankers "Paul Revere" (Beastie Boys cover)

  • The Flash Express "The Message" (Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five cover)

  • Yeti Girl "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" (Marilyn Monroe cover)

  • Paul Westerberg and Joan Jett "Let's Do It" (comp. Cole Porter)

  • Suzi Quatro "Born to Run" (Bruce Springsteen cover)

  • Susanna and the Magical Orchestra "Jolene"< (Dolly Parton cover)

  • Dick Brave and the Backbeats "Walk this Way" (Aerosmith cover)

  • Claude François "J'ai Joué et J'ai Perdu (I Fought the Law and the Law Won)" (Bobby Fuller Four cover)
    "I played and I lost"? Um, close, I guess.

  • Bad Livers "Lust for Life" (Iggy Pop cover)
  • No comments: