Thursday, October 06, 2005

A long way to go, a short time to get there.

Just a heads-up to all of the newer readers that it is never a prerequisite for me that the covers I post actually be good. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. And it's all in the ear of the belistener, innit? So, without further ado...

  • Kiko & Deschezeaux "Rock Your Body" (Justin Timberlake cover)
    Don't be so quick to walk away. No, scratch that: Run!!!

  • Supersuckers "Eastbound and Down" (Jerry Reed cover, although I don't think he was the first to record it)
    As a kid, I must've seen Smokey and the Bandit about 100 times. Funny, all I really remember about it is this song. And that there was an elephant in the sequel.

  • Elmerhassel "Big Yellow Taxi" (Joni Mitchell cover)
    Dear MOR postpunk kids: Not learning the lyrics (or purposely simplifying them for no good reason) of the hook of a song you're covering isn't cute. It's lazy.
  • No comments: