Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Come and behold.

  • Halfby "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
  • Tatsuki Hashimoto "Jingle Bells"
  • Toshi Akigoto "The Christmas Song"
    These three tracks are from a 2003 Japanese bossanova album called Christmas Wonderland, which I surprisingly really like.

  • Hybrid Kids (Morgan Fisher) "O, Come All Ye Faithful"
    I know I just posted a Hybrid Kids track a few entries back, but I find myself trapped like a deer in headlights when I hear Morgan Fisher's covers. This one sounds like the soundtrack to a nightmare in which I'm trapped in a mechanical Christmas funhouse running away from an army of demonic robotic elves. Demonic robotic elves singing about adoring the Christ child, that is, which is even more frightening.

  • The SmashUp "Coventry Carol"
    This just plain cracks me up, and the sad thing is that I can't tell whether my joy is ironic or not.

    "Dude, are you being sarcastic?"
    "I don't even know anymore."

  • Banaroo "Bling Bling Here, Bling Bling There (Jingle Bells)"
    Oh my. Um. Yeah. Let's make a New Year's Resolution today: No more Aquaesque/Vengaboysian German teen pop acts. "Bling bling in the air," indeed.
  • No comments: