Thursday, February 02, 2006

I never thought I'd be the one breaking down.

I was in a really bad mood last night when I got home from work, but when I got to my computer the clouds lifted. For there's no reason to be down when you have Kidz Bop 8 on your side!!! I'm a dork.

  • Kidz Bop Kids "Take Me Out" (Franz Ferdinand cover)
  • Kidz Bop Kids "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Green Day cover)
  • Kidz Bop Kids "Caught Up" (Usher cover)

    And, as promised, a few more French covers from good Copy, Right? friend Emojk:

  • Dionysos "I Did Acid With Caroline" (Daniel Johnston cover, in French accent)
    I would say that the original of this is my third favorite song with the word acid in the title. First is "The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane" by Jeffrey Lewis (who's playing at The Glass House Gallery in Brooklyn on Sunday night, if any New Yorkers are interested). (I also enjoy the follow-up "No LSD Tonight.") The second is "I Sit on Acid" by the Lords of Acid. And then this, despite its repetitive drone. Daniel was wacky, but we loved him for it. Right?

  • Feist "L'Amour Ne Dure Pas Toujours" (Francoise Hardy cover)
    I know I'm supposed to be creaming my jeans over Feist, but I just can't. I mean, her songs are pretty and all, but I don't get the extent of the hype. I like this though. And I LOVE Francoise Hardy.

  • Les Georges Leningrad "Comment Te Dire Adieu" (comp. Serge Gainsbourg/Arnold Goland/Jack Gold)
    Where has this band been? Not something I'd listen to every day, but if Animal Collective can be all the rage with the indie hipsters (am I one of those?), I don't see why these cats (or chats) couldn't be as well.
  • No comments: