Thursday, February 16, 2006

Well, I talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it.

Q: What does a busy gal who can't find the time to post from home do when she realizes she HAS to post something soon?

A: She raids her Yahoo inbox for tracks of varying quality/merit that were sent in by readers and quickly posts them before getting back to work. Thanks, readers!

Note: Some of these files are large, as the computer I'm using currently has no music converter.

  • Dandiwind "Safety Dance" (Men Without Hats cover)

  • J Viewz "Smooth Criminal" (Michael Jackson cover)

  • The Millions "Beautiful" (Christina Aguilera cover)

  • Zen for Primates "Funky Town" (Lipps, Inc. cover)

  • The Black Eg "I Will Survive" (French Gloria Gaynor cover)

    A quick heads-up/disclaimer/pointers:
    Unfortunately, as someone who can barely find the time some weeks to post at all, I simply cannot oblige all of you who comment or e-mail asking me to repost tracks I've posted in the past. If I did this, I'd spend what little blogging time I have reposting things I've already posted and never get a chance to post anything new. If there is a track or two that you feel you simply have to have and you have exhausted your options elsewhere (you know you're supposed to be spending your $$ on some of these artists, yes?), feel free to e-mail your request to me at bigfatprettyface AT yahoo DOT com and I will do my best to get it to you. Please keep in mind that I have to weed through about 500 e-mails a week or more, so there might be a delayed response. But I will do my best.

    If you're curious to know whether I've posted a specific song or artist before but can't wait until I respond to your comment or e-mail to find out, the best way to check is to Google "copy right" [two words, not one, in quotations] along with whatever artist/song title you're checking on. The first results that pop up are usually my site. In theory you should be able to use Blogger's search function at the top of my page, but quite frankly, it just isn't accurate at all.

    So, yeah, that's my long-winded request for now. I do appreciate all of my readers, but I'm only one person, you know? Hmmm. Maybe I'll write a post soon on some of my cover-hunting tricks and favorite sites to help those of you who just aren't getting the results you want. I'll make a mental note of that.

    Aaaaaaaaaanyhow, I appreciate the attention and I'm glad you're reading. Love, Liza.
  • No comments: