Thursday, July 08, 2004

Hey, remember me?

Sorry about the week-long hiatus, kids. My computer is still iffy and the purchase of a new one has been pushed back thanks to circumstances beyond my control. Also, everyone I know, myself included, seems to have been born in late June/early July and I've been kept busy at event after event. But enough about me, let's get on with the show. And by "show," I mean covers of new wave songs about the modeling industry.

  • Billy Preston "Girls on Film" (Duran Duran cover) 6.2MB
    There's nothing quite like a R&B gospel legend singing a song about masturbating to pictures of models. (That's what it's about, right?) File under: Strange for strangeness' sake.


  • Chris Whitley "The Model" (Kraftwerk cover) 2.2MB
    Sorry, I know my new Kraftwerk obsession is getting old, but I figured since most of you weren't able to download the last version of "The Model" offered, I'd slide this one in. I want to like this one a little more than I do, but its country/blues banjo schtick gets old to me about halfway in. It is intriguing enough to me, however, to make me think that if better artists like 16 Horsepower were ever to record version of this song, it would be fucking fantastic.
  • No comments: